New You in 2015

Happy new year! If you're reading this, you made it through 2014! Today is a new day, a whole new year. And a whole new you?

Of course you don't need to throw the baby out with the bath water. But that bath water might be pretty yucky. So maybe there are a few things you'd like to omit from this coming year...

This year, I'd like to throw caution to the wind. My new motto is BE BOLD! Hold on, I'm going to put those words in BOLD. There we go.

No more tiptoeing around. No more hiding my light under a turnip bushel. (I'm not a southerner and I don't really have these sayings down pat.) Specifically, I plan to get more of my writing out there. Yes, I'm terrified my writing is not good enough. Yes, I could probably continue to nitpick at each novel for the rest of my life. Yes, that option often sounds better to me than publishing something subpar.

But I don't want to live my life being AFRAID. Always assuming the worst is going to happen, instead of something wonderful. Sure, people will say my work is trash. Maybe it is. But I've been honing this trash for several YEARS now, and I believe there is an expression about eventually pooping or removing one's buttocks from the pot. I think it applies here.

What are you afraid of? What have you been avoiding? What is your secret desire? And is 2015 the year you will finally break free from your fears and take that step into the unknown?

Let's take that step together.

Comments