The Key to the Universe

Yes, it's true. This past week I discovered the key to the universe. No, it's not changing your diet or joining a gym. It's not Zen meditation or pigeon pose. It's quick and easy, practically free, and almost anyone can and should do it. Daily, at least.

It's brushing your hair.

Now, you're probably thinking that you already do this. And what exactly is wrong with this woman typing this blog if she never brushes her hair?

Well, never is a bit too strong. But hear me out, because I have irrefutable evidence that hair-brushing is the key to happiness and success.

On Wednesday morning, I neglected to brush my hair before arriving in the studio to teach my classes. This was not due to laziness. Oh, who am I kidding? This was at least partly due to laziness. The other fifty percent was Facebook. Every morning when I log on, I need to scroll through a whole new batch of puppy pictures and click LIKE on every single one. This is time consuming. If you have a similar FB addiction, you know what I'm talking about. So less vital things like a beauty regimen can fall by the wayside.

Anyway, my point is that my Wednesday morning was ruined by a lack of hair-brushing. Things just went downhill from there. I couldn't find my CD which I had planned my entire class around. I had to switch gears completely, reuse my CD from the week prior (BORING!) and pray that no one had absconded with my precious disc from the other studio where I knew I must have left it. Ugh.

However, this story has a happy ending. The following day, before heading out to teach, I DID brush my hair. Very carefully and thoroughly. When I arrived at the studio, HURRAH! My missing CD was waiting for me on top of the stereo.

Believe me, I have brushed my hair every day since. And plan to continue. As you can see, there is an obvious correlation between smooth, brushed hair and other things going smoothly.

Try it for yourself and see if my discovery holds true for you as well. If you're one of those people with perpetually perfect hair, it is possible you will have to find your own personal weak spot. Maybe you will need to clip your toenails or floss your teeth. Let me know what happens!

Comments